[R-SIG-Mac] [Rd] MacOS 10.4 gcc-4.0 and libcc_dynamic

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 13 02:39:56 CEST 2005

/usr/local/lib and /sw/lib give people problems if they are not
careful because
they will get their symbols in the wrong places.  gcc by default
looks first in /usr/local.

you, of course, are careful.

-- j.

On Jul 12, 2005, at 17:33 , Bill Northcott wrote:

> Finally the bit about removing dynamic libraries confuses me.  Martyn
> gave the same dire warnings about building JAGS, but they just don't
> seem to apply to my set ups.  I have all the dynamic libraries
> installed and the R I build from sources passes all the checks.  What
> is it that gives people problems?

Jan de Leeuw, 11667 Steinhoff Rd, Frazier Park, CA 93225, 661-245-1725
.mac: jdeleeuw ++++++  aim: deleeuwjan ++++++ skype: j_deleeuw
homepages: http://www.cuddyvalley.org and http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu
Das Gute -- dieser Satz steht fest --    ||||    The Good -- and this
is surely true --
ist stets das Böse, was man läßt !       ||||     is just the Bad
that we don't do !

                                    Wilhelm Busch