[R-SIG-Mac] [R] Problems with R on OS X

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Wed Jul 13 02:01:29 CEST 2005

On 12/07/2005, at 6:41 PM, Heinz Schild wrote:
> Thank you for your explanations.
> I have found and remove /org.R-project.R.plist.  ~/.Rdata and
> ~/.Rhistory I could not find although I used "Cocktail" to see the
> invisible items.
> After putting the R-icon into the trash-bin I downloaded the latest
> binary (R-2.1.1.dmg) from CRAN again. I expect that the appropriate
> GUI was included. The installation process finished properly but
> when I wanted to open R it did not work.
> Is there anything else I should delete before I reinstall R?

Please copy your messages to the r-sig-mac list.

I am afraid that 'it did not work' provides no information useful for
troubleshooting!

Please explain how it fails.  What did you try to do?  Have you tried
invoking the command 'R' in a Terminal window?  If that works, then
the problem is with the GUI, and if that is crashing there should be
entries in the crash logs (see Apple's troubleshooting procedures)

Bill Northcott