[R-SIG-Mac] Re: History for R on Mac OS X?

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Thu Jan 20 23:47:56 CET 2005

Hi,
I'm forwarding this msg to R-sig-mac mailing list.
History is handled differently at the moment on the R GUI for Mac OS X.
We have in plan to allow for import/export of "traditional" history
files.
But, why don't you use a script? The history file is simply a script
generated by R. You can simply rename .Rhistory to myscript.R and
source() it in R. On the contrary, it is not that easy to save directly
to an .Rhistory file from the R GUI at the moment.

stefano

btw: the R GUI for Mac OS X can handle multiple-line command history
(and that's the reason why it is not compatible at the moment).