[R-SIG-Mac] [OT] XEmacs Carbon

Byron Ellis ellis at stat.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 10 22:59:00 CET 2005

This isn't really an R/OS X post, but it may be of interest to ESS
users on OS X. The creator of Emacs Carbon has done a port of XEmacs to
Carbon on OS X. This isn't the carbon branch of XEmacs (the guy working
on that died, I believe) but rather a completely independent port.
Apparently XEmacs' internal structure made it easier to do certain
things like using the ATSUI stuff for Unicode support and a slightly
nicer layout. Those interested should head to
http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi/

It also has the advantage of being relocatable (!) package so an
enterprising soul could drop ESS into the internal Resources directory
without much trouble. Anyways, thought I'd let y'all know.  :-)

---
Byron Ellis (ellis at stat.harvard.edu)
"Oook" -- The Librarian