[R-SIG-Mac] How to put nice R graphics into powerpoint

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Thu Feb 10 21:20:39 CET 2005

Well I really appreciate the efforts and the willingness to help of
people on this list, but I agree that the pict format has no future and
I'd hate to see Stefano's precious time being invested in working on a
R device for it, considering that I can produce png with acceptable
quality, bot with R when R11 is running and in Illustrator, by choosing
export instead of save for office or save for the web. All three of
these export options save to png format, but only the first one allows
you to specify resolution. By cranking up resolution (150 instead of
the default 72) I managed to create png graphics that do not look fuzzy
in PowerPoint.

I am very surprised, however, that all those picture converters out
there only export to raster pict even when the starting format is
vector.

I don't really wish to see any effort going into a wmf device for R
either, as wmf does not "always" import well into PowerPoint anyway.
Some weird things often happen.

And finally, I don't intend to stay on a 1998 vintage PB for much
longer, I'll buy my own computer in the next few months if my employer
does not allow one. And then I can try Keynote!