[R-SIG-Mac] How to Speed up R on the G5

Michael Redmond redmond at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 7 17:10:13 CET 2005

I found an answer to my own question on combined IBM C and Fortran
compilers. IBM makes a matching XL Fortran compiler to the XL C compiler
per:

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/fortran/xlfortran/

This may be the same product as in the Absoft line, or it may be a
little more specific and advanced for OS/X and IBM systems.

There is also a trial version, so it might be possible to see if there
is benefits (and find all the glitches) with an XL Compiler
implementation of R.

Thanks
Mike
---