[R-SIG-Mac] How to Speed up R on the G5

Michael Redmond redmond at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 7 16:59:08 CET 2005

Thomas,
IBM makes C compiler optimized for Mac OS/X:

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/info/ecatalog/en_US/products/K107418L80422W37.html

But I did not see a Fortran compiler. Does anyone know if Absoft the
same as the above and does it include the compatible optimizing Fortran
compiler? Or is there another Fortran compiler that is compatible with
the above?

I am very interested in an optimized compile of R with option packages
and bioconductor for OS/X on an XServe.

Thanks
Mike Redmond
UW-Madison