[R-SIG-Mac] look for difference b/w files

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Dec 30 20:04:18 CET 2005

Kevin,

On Dec 29, 2005, at 3:45 PM, Hai Lin wrote:

>   I am using Mac OX 10.3 and I have Emacs+ESS installed.
>
>   I try to find difference b/w two script files. I appreciate it if
> you  could kindly tell me how do I achieve it, either by some kind
> of Mac  applications or command in R. I did see someone running a
> statement on  Unix.

just for completeness, there is a very nice utility in Developer/
Applications/Utilities called "FileMerge". It is much nicer than diff
and also allows you to create a resulting file by specifying which
parts you want from which file. It is too intuitive and easy to use
for Emacs users but I though I'll mention it anyway ;).