[R-SIG-Mac] Deleting packages from R

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Dec 20 02:16:16 CET 2005

Kate,

On Dec 19, 2005, at 5:47 PM, Kate wrote:

> I down loaded and installed a windows binary instead of a mac
> package. I can't remove the windows package from my package
> manager, and I can't find any info. re how to do this. The mac
> version of the package doesn't seem to want to install over the
> windows version.  Does anyone know how to get delete the windows
> version of the package from the package manager?

I wonder how you were able to install the Windows version of the
package, it should not be possible ... Anyway, in order to delete a
package manually, start Terminal and type the following:

sudo rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/PKG

where PKG is the name of the package you want to delete. If you
installed the package in you user directory instead, take the Finder
and look in your home -> Library -> R -> library. You should see the
package there as a folder - just delete the folder with Finder.