[R-SIG-Mac] Mac code editing

Joel Bremson joel3000 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 01:04:15 CET 2005

> On Dec 6, 2005, at 6:42, Ken Beath wrote:
>

> > plugin extensions. I just save the files and then Source File in R.

There are a lot of options for editing. Any Emacs version takes time,
but it's probably worth it if you do a lot of work in R. Another
option is jedit, an open source editor written in java. It has an R
mode you can download for it.

There is a good trick to know for working with editors that don't have
direct R integration: file.choose(). file.choose() will pop up an OS
native file selection box so you don't have to cut and paste paths
into the R monitor.

I've been keeping a blog of R notes at http://r-notes.blogspot.com.
There is an entry there on file.choose().

JB

--
Joel Bremson
Graduate Student