[R-SIG-Mac] console fonts

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Dec 5 23:44:41 CET 2005

Sam,

On Nov 29, 2005, at 9:29 AM, Kemp S E ((Comp)) wrote:

> I am having trouble changing the font style in the R GUI console. I
> want to change it to Courier, but everytime I try to do so it just
> changes back to Monaco on the next line.

R.app currently provides no customization of the default console font
in the preferences, save for the font size. Changes made using the
font menu are not explicitly handled and the behavior is quite
interesting (at least on Tiger you can change the prompt/input font,
but not the output font), given that 'multiple fonts allowed' is
disabled in the text. I will put it on the ToDo list, but I am not
sure how easy it is to implement...