[R-SIG-Mac] path expansion

Wed Aug 31 03:14:29 CEST 2005

I have source compile my own version of R on MacOS Tiger.

I have a problem with path.expand and dirname. On Linux and the
binary version of R
exapnds to something like

On my homebuild I just get

I do not have gettext installed.

I assume that this has to do with either gettext or readline, but the
way I read the FAQ I should not worry about the readline stuff. I do
a ./configure with    tmp = allocVector(SXP, 1);
   $ ./configure --with-aqua --with-blas=-framework vecLib --with-lapack
   R_PAPERSIZE=letter F77=g77 TCLTK_LIBS=-framework Tcl -framework Tk
TCLTK_CPPFLAGS=-I/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers -I/Library/

I must have done something obvious wrong, any idea how to fix this?