[R-SIG-Mac] compiling R devel on vanilla tiger

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Aug 22 16:45:03 CEST 2005

On 21 Aug 2005, ch-rsig-mac at bobobeach.com wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I think there's something else wrong here. The
> farthest-up-the-chain problem that I can find is that the test for
> whether or not double complex BLAS can be used is failing. This is
> causing the use_lapack to get set back to no, which changes the args
> such that Makefile.in down in src/modules/lapack no longer tries to
> use the external lapack. Or at least that's the best I can make from
> this, but I'm not particularly skilled at reading (much less
> writing) autotools stuff.

That makes sense.  What I noticed immediately was that the line in the
summary output from the configure script was missing the messages
about BLAS.

I'm using:

    $ gfortran --version
    GNU Fortran 95 (GCC 4.1.0 20050517 (experimental))

Am able to build R-patched without problem and _was_ able to build
R-devel a few weeks ago with the same tools.

+ seth