[R-SIG-Mac] Fortran problem with LogicReg package on R.app 1.12 on MacOS

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Thu Aug 4 10:42:12 CEST 2005

you can't use gfortran with the R binary distrubted on CAN as
gfortran assumes gcc 4.x nad our binary uses gcc  3.3 to be
compatible with Panther.

You should try this instead

sudo installer -pkg g77.pkg -target /

from the shell (first move into the .mpkg directory for R-2.1.1.dmg
The install fails to install g77 due to some authorization problems.
The above command force the installation as root

stefano