[R-SIG-Mac] Tktable binary

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Aug 4 09:32:22 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has Tktable installed with the latest R and
MacOSX versions and whether they would be willing to send it to me?  (I'm
not a Mac user but sometimes I run workshops in which some people may
bring Mac laptops, possibly without the Apple Developer Tools.)

I have built Tktable from source on MacOSX in the past (with X11 Tcl/Tk),
but that was over a year ago and so it may not be binary compatible with
the latest R-Tcl/Tk, and it is not easy for me to get access to a Mac with
all the latest stuff on it.

So if you have Tktable in /usr/local/lib/Tktable2.9/ or similar, I would
very much appreciate it if you would be willing to send me a zipped up
version of the Tktable2.9 folder.  (Actually all I really need is the
binary shared library libTktable2.9.dylib.)  Version 2.8 would be fine
too.  Or if you can refer me to a good URL for downloading it, that would
be fine too.

For anyone interested in how to install Tktable from source (with X11
Tcl/Tk), you can get the source package from
http://tktable.sourceforge.net/
by clicking on File Distributions and then scrolling down past the "tile"
files until you see Tktable2.9.tar.gz

To build it, you need to have installed:  Apple Developer Tools + X11SDK
(from the Xcode tools CD) + Tcl/Tk in /usr/local/ (or similar) installed
as described in the R for Mac OS X FAQ under the heading:
2.1.5 X11 TclTk headers and libraries (optional)

Once you have all that basic infrastructure, you should be able to unzip
the Tktable tarball (e.g. with tar zxvf Tktable2.9.tar.gz) and do:
./configure
make
sudo make install

or if you don't have admin privileges:
./configure --prefix=/Users/Me/usr/local/    (or whatever)
make
make install

Best wishes,
James