[R-SIG-Mac] Consistency of information about installed packages

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Fri Apr 29 00:59:21 CEST 2005

It seems clear to be clear to Don, but probably other users will be
interested to know this:  when upgrading to a major version of R like
from 2.0.x to 2.1.0 it is not an option to re-install fresh packages as
most of the package contain DLL's linked against libR.dylib, and entry
points/symbols are stable (inside libR.dylib) only inside each major
version of R (i.e. packages built for R 2.0.0 works with R 2.0.1, but
not with R 2.1.x)
stefano