[R-SIG-Mac] latest two builts refuse to launch

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Apr 19 16:17:35 CEST 2005

Denis,

On Apr 19, 2005, at 5:14 AM, Denis Chabot wrote:

> I downloaded versions of R dating from 17 and 18 of April. Both
> refuse to launch. I don't know if the problem is with these builds
> or with my recent upgrade to 10.3.9...

We didn't release a binary for Mac OS yet, so there are many
possibilities of what could have went wrong - please describe how you
build your R.

> Double-clicking produces a short dialog indicating error -10810

Umm.. how can you double-click R? R is supposed to be run in Terminal
or other shell-like environment.

> The log that automatically opens when I launch Console.app says:
> 2005-04-19 05:59:23.547 SystemUIServer[441] app path = /
> Applications/R.app

R.app has not been released for R 2.1 yet, so I'm wondering what you
are trying there. Did you build R.app from the current sources? Note
that the nightly build uses R 2.0 and is therefore not compatible
with R 2.1. We will switch to 2.1 only after the official release of
binaries for Mac OS X.