[R-SIG-Mac] Re: Editor for R cocoa GUI?

Peter Paul Sint sint at oeaw.ac.at
Mon Sep 13 21:10:55 CEST 2004

>Hi Matthew,
>
>I am still using a PowerBook G3 Series from 1998 and will not be able to upgrade for a while yet. Hence I am stuck at 10.2.8 and SubEthaEdit requires 10.3.

Actually there is an older version for 10.2.8 (SubEthaEdit 1.1.5) which I use as a fast altenative to Alpha.
http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/old.html
 It does not cooperate with the new 10.3 version (for joint editing) but  it does so with others of the same sort (including - as I understand but have not tried - with 1.1.5 on Panther. Probably you can run both versions on Panther for use with different partners). In any case it has R/S formating (downloadable from the same page).
The version is poorer in features but this does not affect the R/S coloring.

(actually while it ran up to now without problems, just today it 'quits unexpetedly, the system has not been affected', I will have to reimplement it if it does not work after a restart).