[R-SIG-Mac] tkrplot

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Mon Sep 13 10:47:59 CEST 2004

Hi,

I notice that there is currently no MacOS X binary for tkrplot
on CRAN.  Does anyone have a working binary I can try?  I've
tried building it from source, but got various warnings
(below), and library(tkrplot) failed with:
malformed library: /Users/guest/Rlibs/tkrplot/libs/tkrplot.so
(not a Mach-O library file, bad filetype value)

This is for a microarray workshop in a few days.  I only just
discovered that tkrplot installation has failed.  So depending
on how difficult it is to get tkrplot working on Mac, it may be
easier (in the short time left) to rewrite my R-Tcl/Tk package
to use the regular R graphics device for all plots rather than
tkrplot (although then I can't use customised Tk menus on
plot windows).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
James

Warnings from building tkrplot from source:

cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
<snip>
tcltkimg.c: In function `Rplot_Init':
tcltkimg.c:464: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
 <snip>
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _xerbla_
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/R(print.lo) definition of _xerbla_
/System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib(ProjectBuilderMasterObjectFile.o)
definition of _xerbla_
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _tclPlatStubsPtr
/usr/local/lib/libtk8.4.dylib(tclStubLib.o) definition of _tclPlatStubsPtr
/usr/local/lib/libtcl8.4.dylib(tclStubLib.o) definition of _tclPlatStubsPtr

[ LOTS MORE multiple definitions WARNINGS ]

ld: warning dynamic shared library:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/CoreFoundation
not made a weak library in output with MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
environment variable set to: 10.1

I've tried changing MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to 10.3, which
removed the final warning, but library(tkrplot) still failed.