[R-SIG-Mac] update to re: R 2 Questions

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Sun Oct 17 13:09:09 CEST 2004

hi,

I launched R 2 again and choosing  "Package Manager" under "Packages
and Data" caused R to quit again. So the solution in my previous
message was temporary or possibly not a solution at all.

I removed the R folder in my account's Library Folder. I had at least
one R package present twice (for instance the new R 2 install puts mgcv
in the Library folder inside R frameworks, and I had it in my account
at well.

I am not sure if this helped or not, but it was NECESSARY that I
removed the labdsv package for R's Package Manager command to work
properly. I had compiled that package with great difficulty last
spring, and only succeeded thanks to the help from people from this
list. I was told the source for this package was not very elegantly put
together...

I do hope that package will be updated as I'd very much like to use it.

Sorry if my previous message caused some of you to work for nothing,
although maybe this shows that the Package Manager should be more
robust when it finds things it does not like in a user's account.

Sincerely,

Denis Chabot