[R-SIG-Mac] The new GUI: help font; root

Jussi Piitulainen jpiitula at ling.helsinki.fi
Fri Nov 19 19:14:50 CET 2004

My first impression of the Cocoa GUI in 2.0.1 is very positive. Great
work. Thank you.

My favourite improvement so far is the help browser. Among other nice
things, I was happy to see that arrow keys now scroll the text. But
Command-+ does not make the font bigger yet. It only flashes a menu.
Please, make this work. (Not as urgent as resizing the Quartz device.)

In the console window, fonts resize nicely. Thank you.

There is a prominent button for letting R use root privileges. This is
really scary. Please, could the code in question be removed? Not just
hidden but removed. Don't risk the stability of my computer for some
convenience. (What is it for? To mess with the kernel?)

(The "quit" button is merely redundant.)