[R-SIG-Mac] R.app crash report

Simon Urbanek Simon.Urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de
Fri Nov 5 15:03:38 CET 2004

Oscar,

On Nov 5, 2004, at 12:50 AM, Oscar Luaces wrote:

> Hi, attached to this mail you'll find the crash report of the new
> (very nice) R GUI for Mac OS X. To make it crash I just double clicked
> on an R source file to open R and edit the source file; just when I
> try to write the first letter, the GUI crashes. The usual way to avoid
> this bug is to launch the R.app, type something in the console window
> and then open the source file; then I can edit the file without any
> problem  (well, more or less).

Thanks for the report. My first guess is that the defaults for colors
etc. are not set yet, because R initialization was not finished. Many
strange things will happen if R.app is used before R is actually
initialized - that's why we disable the console until R is ready.
Obviously editor is one of those things that can be used independently.
I'll fix this for the next build.

---
Simon Urbanek
Department of computer oriented statistics and data analysis
University of Augsburg
Universitätsstr. 14
86135 Augsburg
Germany