[R-SIG-Mac] Installing Bioconductor 1.5 on R 2.0 for OS X

Michael Redmond redmond at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 3 00:05:48 CET 2004

Byron,
I will try the sourceforge g77 in place of the fink version. I am still
hoping I can find someone that has prebuilt the BioC binaries I need.

It may be possible to run the XServe as a turnkey system, but for now it
is going to be a fair amount of work to get R and Bioconductor into the
portal interface. Once there, access is easy to manage. It is still
likely that, even with the portal, some number of the research community
here will want to run the XServe as a full Unix system, so then
administation will be more typical of other systems.

Thanks
Mike
---