[R-SIG-Mac] R --vanilla --slave

Andrew Beckerman a.beckerman at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon May 10 18:28:09 CEST 2004

I am trying to use the following syntax (so I can submit R scripts to
an X-grid cluster if anyone is interested):

dyn094076:~ apb$ R --vanilla --slave <test.R> test.txt

to run the following script

#test.R
write(rnorm(4)," ")
q()

as suggested in
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/20955.html

The script is a BBedit file called test.R, is in my home and fails by
producing a blank text file.
I have also tried including the file="test.txt" addition in the write()
function, and leaving out the # line, which results with the R startup
verbiage being printed to the file, but no data.

Is there an OS X method for this? Am I missing something (probably)?
many thanks for the help.

Andrew

---------
Dr. Andrew Beckerman
Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield,
Alfred Denny Building, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
ph +44 (0)114 222 0026; fx +44 (0)114 222 0002
http://www.shef.ac.uk/beckslab