[R-SIG-Mac] R-devel, python, and rpy

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de
Sat Jun 5 17:13:23 CEST 2004

On Jun 5, 2004, at 10:19 AM, Adam Naples wrote:
> Then I just copied the entire libR.dylib file from the R.framework/lib
> directory to /usr/local/lib
> now, it seems to work flawlessly. Although I am worried that I may
> have done something terrible.

Easier solution should be to just append
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin to DYLIB_LIBRARY_PATH
(see the R shell script).
Usually it's a better idea to modify the library path than to copy
things ... but I don't have rpy here - it's just a general advice ;).

---
Simon Urbanek
Department of computer oriented statistics and data analysis
University of Augsburg
Universitätsstr. 14
86135 Augsburg
Germany