[R-SIG-Mac] R on http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de
Fri Jun 4 00:53:33 CEST 2004

On Jun 3, 2004, at 3:47 PM, Jan de Leeuw wrote:

> The version to be posted later today has a native RGtk that works,
> sort of. The version to be posted next week has working versions
> of RGtkConsole, RGtkScrollPane, RGtkViewers. This allows you
> to write portable GUI applications, with a richer widget set than
> Tk, showing up as Aqua on the Mac.

What Gtk library did you use? Did you really test it? I compiled a
"native" version using Gtk+OSX a while ago (a month or so). After some
patching it compiled, but not all widgets really work (e.g. the project
pursuit control panel is almost empty). I have a X11 build with static
Gtk+ (i.e. no need to install Gtk+ libraries and mess up your system)
... that one works fine (well, modulo bugs in ggobi itself ;)).

BTW: Where did you get the sources? CVS was on franz (and therefore
it's gone) and the latest release is more than a year old - is there a
way to get the most recent CVS somehow? (except for mailing to certain
folks ;)).

---
Simon Urbanek
Department of computer oriented statistics and data analysis
University of Augsburg
Universitätsstr. 14
86135 Augsburg
Germany