[R-SIG-Mac] affy pcg installation and XML installation in Panther

Tiago R Magalhaes tiago17 at socrates.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Jul 15 11:29:30 CEST 2004

hi to you all

I am trying to install the affy package from bioconductor and I have
been very unsuccessful!

I have a G4, MacOSX panther and the R version 1.9.1 installed.

One of the problems is that the XML tools are not installed. I tried
to install a package called libXML2.pkg, but there's an indication
that it might be for Jaguar only.
When I installed BioConductor from the CRAN repository it gave 23
warnings most of them concerning XML.
[1] "Installing XML" Note: Package XML not found in any known repository.

Any idea on how to solve the problem (if it's solvable...)

I am sorry about this basic question, and for those of you in the
bioconductor list this might be the second time with the question