[R-SIG-Mac] RE: How can I use R 1.9.1 on a Ibook G3?

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Fri Jul 2 23:10:15 CEST 2004

Hi,

> From: Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de>
> Subject: Re: [R-SIG-Mac] How can I use R 1.9.1 on a Ibook G3?
> To: Byron Ellis <bellis at hsph.harvard.edu>
> Cc: rriem at free.fr, r-sig-mac at stat.math.ethz.ch
>
> On Jul 2, 2004, at 4:39 PM, Byron Ellis wrote:
>
>> I would guess that R 1.9.1 was built with a 10.3 deployment target
>> while 1.9.0 was built with a 10.2 deployment target.
>
> I don't really know, Stefano compiled it, but AFAIK he compiled it on a
> Jaguar machine, so it should be 10.2 target.

I have no choice but to stick to 10.2.8 as Apple has decided WallStreet
PBs cannot upgrade to Panther. And we are under a freeze for computer
purchases where I work, so I have to stick to this 6 year-old machine!

A few days ago I could not use the installer from CRAN on Jaguar
either. Stefano was surprised, and asked me to try a modified version.
I got an error message with that new installer but it worked and I kept
Stefano up to date. I suspect a new installer will be available soon.

Denis