[R-SIG-Mac] How can I use R 1.9.1 on a Ibook G3?

rriem at free.fr rriem at free.fr
Fri Jul 2 13:59:07 CEST 2004

Selon Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de>:

> On Jul 1, 2004, at 8:31 PM, Romuald Riem wrote:
>
> > I can't use the current package of R 1.9.1 on my good old Ibook G3 and
> > haven't a G4. R 1.9.0 works fine.
> >
> > How can I use this new version of R on my computer ?
>
> What exactly is the problem? "I can't use" isn't very specific ...
> please provide your OS version, how you installed R, what goes wrong,
> output of the console etc. etc.
>
> Simon

Dear all,

It's sure I was too laconic in my previous message.

Here is my problem:
- the computer: an Ibook G3, with 10.2.8
-  R version: the package downloaded from CRAN
- the problem(s): first, when I use the R 1.9.1 package, the installation
begins and stops because "a problem occurs". Sorry, no console log.
second, in the "read me" file the required configuration is os 10.2 and a G4.
third, I'm quite surprise because the installation program doesn't ask for the
administrator password.

So, is there an easier way to install R 1.9.1 than downloading and compilling
sources ?

Thanks in advance.

Romuald Riem
Anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale