[R-SIG-Mac] Re: R Aqua 2.0.1 interface: what happened?!

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de
Fri Dec 24 04:57:16 CET 2004

On Dec 23, 2004, at 4:20 PM, stefano iacus wrote:

>> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:40:51 +0100, "RenE J.V. Bertin"
>> <rjvbertin at hotmail.com> wrote regarding "R
>> Aqua 2.0.1 interface: what happened?!"
>>
>> Actually, it would seem that the problem is more with R itself. The
>> v1.0 interface is equally unstable with 2.0.1, but the v1.01
>> interface seems to run smoothly with R 2.0.0 .

Hmm.. the crashlogs you supplied are all pretty random, looking more
like a problem with your system than R GUI itself. The core event and
window handling didn't change at all since 2.0.0, so AFAICS there is no
reason for them to behave differently. The logs aren't helpful in
debugging, because the crashes never actually happen in the GUI ...

>> However, when I do 'Save As' on a Quartz window, I get the following
>> (NSLog?) messages, and no file:

AFAIR this was fixed in the nightly build some time ago (thanks to Rob
Goedman).

Please try the nightly builds and see if you can reproduce the crashes
somehow ...