[R-SIG-Mac] Cocoa Gui help

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Wed Dec 22 01:04:04 CET 2004

Hi Naji,

 From this and your previous email, couple of questions.

1) I'm assuming this is the 1st time you've installed R or the Cocoa R
GUI? What
do you mean by 'except Aqua', are you installing 'R for Mac OS X
10.2.mpkg' or
'R for Mac OS X 10.3.mpkg'?
2) By 'processing R' you mean double clicking on the R icon in the
applications
folder?
3) Does the R Console window pop-up? Or are you trying to run it from a
terminal window?
Both should work.
4) Where and when does below error message show up? (Error in rm(rlibs)
: can't remove
variables from base namespace)
5) Which Mac OS X are you running?

Rob

--------------------------------

I've downloaded
http://cran.cict.fr/bin/macosx/R-2.0.1.dmg
Installed all the packages (except Aqua) (no error message occured)

In my application folder, I find R only and I'm having the following
message
when processing R :

Error in rm(rlibs) : can't remove variables from base namespace

R :
Copyright 2004, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 2.0.1
(2004-11-15), ISBN 3-900051-07-0

Is it possible to forward a check list in order to get R Cocoa Gui
running?