[R-SIG-Mac] R for Mac OS X Aqua GUI and utf-8

joerg van den hoff j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Mon Dec 20 15:12:58 CET 2004

I have noticed some mails concerning this in the archive, so I
understand this has been already discussed and I understand that the R
gui seems to use utf-8 internally.
I did _not_ find out how to procede, if I the only thing I want is to
obtain 'R command line version behaviour' with encoding set to something
like latin1. i.e. I would be  glad if I would be able to get things like
a german 'umlaut' into string constants (and then into plots).

is there such a way?

thanks
joerg