[R-SIG-Mac] Re: Two other questions

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Wed Dec 15 01:42:26 CET 2004

no, apart that we want to distinguish platform by extensions and zip is
likely to be Windows for R.
The other reason is that on mac os x (at the moment) a binary package
is assumed to have this tar.gz format, I mean for things like
install.packages() etc on mac os x. R Core is going to make this more
flexible in R-devel, I mean the R code part to allow for different
extensions/format with some platform defaults.
stefano