[R-SIG-Mac] R on Tiger (prelim)

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Thu Dec 2 22:45:52 CET 2004

On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:14 PM, Jan de Leeuw wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2004, at 10:58 AM, stefano iacus wrote:
>

>> Two questions:
>> aqua tcl/tk is included with Tiger, what do you mean with "I rebuild
>> aqua tcl/tk"?
>
> OK. This should read "I stupidly rebuild aqua tcl/tk".

well, I forgot to mention. No hack is necessary apparently. In my
build, aqua tcltk works smoothly from the command line without any
eventloop handling in R.
And I think this is a major improvement. Of course, still brakes R.app
but at least ESS people not using quartz can work without problems.
At this point, probably the hack is only needed for making the quartz
device respond to events.

It would be interesting to understand how they managed to make aqua
tcltk work without a CFRunLoop in R (which your hack "runs").

stefano