[R-SIG-Mac] The diff as promised

Byron Ellis bellis at hsph.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 3 21:49:47 CEST 2004

Here is my diff for the cocoa interface that lets the Cocoa bundle take
over the graphics device. I ended up taking the "most effort" route
with respect to the Cocoa developer and overriding
innerQuartzDeviceDriver rather than the individual functions as I had
originally intended. The reason for this is that I won't necessarily be
allocating an entire view to rendering the graphics. I may be using an
NSCell as my Device, which would share its context with its parent
NSView. You also might want to do something amusing like composite onto
a Quicktime movie for something.

I also wired up the various little widgets (like the workspace browser)
so that Cocoa can take control of those as well.

The diff is against a subversion checkout from yesterday I believe. My
bundle that works against this diff be posted soon. Details to follow.