[R-SIG-Mac] Re: aqua/x11/tcl/tk

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Tue Apr 27 16:36:11 CEST 2004

If you really want to do this (I have given up on using Tcl/Tk Aqua
for a while) then

/Developer/.Tools/Rez -t APPL Carbon.r -o R.bin

in /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin after your
build. Then load the tcltk package, and your windows will
respond to events.

Of course now you cannot use X11 Tcl/Tk. Something about
having your cake and eating it too.

On Apr 27, 2004, at 2:28, Jean Thioulouse wrote:

> I have tried with R-1.9.0 and this configure :
>
> ./configure \
>
> --with-tcl-config=/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/tclConfig.sh \
>         --with-tk-config=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/tkConfig.sh \
>         --enable-R-shlib \
>         --with-aqua \
>         --with-blas='-framework vecLib' \
>         --with-lapack \
>         TCLTK_LIBS='-framework Tcl -framework Tk' \
>         TCLTK_CPPFLAGS='-I/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.Framework/Headers
> -I/Library/Frameworks/Tk.Framework/Headers'
>
> There is no more seg fault, but the tk window does not react to the
> mouse,
> except that the following error code is produced in the console :
>
> SetFrontProcess failed,-606
>
> Jean

> Jean Thioulouse - Labo. BBE, UMR CNRS 5558, Equipe "Ecologie
> Statistique"
> Universite Lyon 1,  Batiment G. Mendel, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex,
> France
> Tel: (33) 4 72 43 27 56                           Fax: (33) 4 72 43 27
> 56
>                  http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/JTHome.html

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8130 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu