[R-SIG-Mac] packages

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Sat Oct 11 05:11:17 MEST 2003

You may have problems compiling tseries and gbm for Mac OS X.

tseries does not compile with g77-3.4 (Khanna), but does compile
with g77-3.3 (fink). Don't ask me why.

gbm needs a patch with R-1.8.0 (not just on the Mac). Greg says

Somehow IEEE_754 is defined on Windows and Darwin yet it cannot locate
isnan(x). I'm not sure what to make of this. This problem did not
occur on Linux. But to get around it on my Windows machine I modified
buildinfo.h in the gbm package to have the following lines after
#include <R.h>

    #ifdef IEEE_754
    #undef ISNAN
    #define ISNAN(x)   R_IsNaNorNA(x)
    #endif
I'll work on this some more and hopefully come up with a more polished
solution to submit with gbm 1.1.

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8130 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au