[R-SIG-Mac] odds and ends

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Thu Oct 9 11:07:38 MEST 2003

The RAqua on gifi installs both RAqua.app in /Applications and the
Darwin/X11 version of R in /usr/local/lib. I have now replaced the
tcltk in /usr/local/lib/R/library with a version compiled using the
X11 version of tk. The version in RAqua.app is the Aqua version,
of course.

Now using tcltk from tkStartGUI() in RAqua uses the Aqua version,
while using it from the command line (or from ESS) uses the
X11 version, which is guess is an improvement over a bus error.

I will post a new version of the modified R-1.8.0 on gifi as soon as
I get to UCLA tomorrow.

By the way, XML 0.95-4 installs and checks without a hitch. I'll
included updates of the usual packages in the new version on gifi.

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8130 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu