[R-SIG-Mac] some notes on building Darwin R

Stefano Iacus jago at mclink.it
Sat May 31 23:21:24 MEST 2003

Here you find some step by step instructions on how to build Darwin/X11
R.

http://www.economia.unimi.it/R/

I'll update this page as soon as I obtain new interesting steps ahead.

I'm thinking about prepearing an installer package that does all the
work, a sort of R SDK that allows the unexpert MacOS R user (or one
that has just switched to OS X) to have all ready to be able to
download and build packages on his own with simple one click. I'll add
the part on tcl/tk as soon as I have implemented the new event loop.

Stefano

p.s. this are intended to be my personal notes so I hope you'll improve
them. I assume also that MacOSX R-devels know the other way round (i.e.
fink etc) and Jan's build.