[R-SIG-Mac]Re: ggobi and Mac OS X

Dennis A. Wolf wolfda at ornl.gov
Wed Mar 19 15:57:34 MET 2003

Thanks very much for your help. I am getting further along in the
process with your help and the readme link. However, I don't know what
to do about the values.h missing. In the README.OSX file it says:

The inclusion of values.h in utils.c causes problems also.
We can conditionally include this with the pre-processor
symbol
   -DNO_VALUES_H

How do I use this symbol?

Thanks again!
--Dennis Wolf

On Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003, at 15:29 US/Eastern, Duncan Temple Lang
wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Dennis A. Wolf, Ph.D.
>> Computer Sciences and Mathematics Division
>> Oak Ridge National Laboratory
>> POB 2008, Building 6011, MS 6418
>> Oak Ridge, TN  37831-6418
>>
>> phone: (865) 574-6326
>> fax:   (865) 576-3513
>> email: wolfda at ornl.gov
>>
>> The full details from configure and make are:
>> qedmac 1106> sudo ./configure --with-xml --with-R --enable-embed
>> checking for gtk-config... (cached) /sw/bin/gtk-config
>> Setting gtk flags
>> checking for uname... (cached) /usr/bin/uname
>> checking for install... (cached) /usr/bin/install
>> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
>> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
>> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
>> checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
>> checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
>> Checking flag for linking shared libraries
>> SHLIB linker flags: -shared
>> with_xml: yes
>> checking for xml2-config... (cached) /sw/bin/xml2-config
>> Have xml-config: /sw/bin/xml2-config
>> USE_XML := USE_XML=2
>> XML Version := 2
>> checking for R... (cached) /usr/local/bin/R
>> checking for uname... (cached) /usr/bin/uname
>> creating ./config.status
>> creating Makeconf
>> creating GNUmakefile
>> creating src/GNUmakefile
>> creating gtkext/src/GNUmakefile
>> creating bin/setLD.csh
>> creating bin/setLD.bsh
>> creating bin/ggobi
>> creating bin/ggobi-config
>> creating bugTemplate
>> creating share/ggobirc
>> creating local.config
>> creating share/tools/plugin
>> creating src/config.h
>> src/config.h is unchanged
>> Installation directory: /usr/local
>> qedmac 1107> sudo vi Makeconf
>> qedmac 1108> sudo make
>> make -C src ../bin/ggobi.bin
>> gcc -I../include -I../gtkext/include -I/sw/include/gtk-1.2
>> -I/sw/include/glib-1.2 -I/sw/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
>> -I/sw/include/libxml2  -I/sw/include -DUSE_XML=2 -DSUPPORT_PLUGINS=1
>> -DSUPPORT_INIT_FILES=1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c tour_pp.c -o tour_pp.o
>> tour_pp.c:31: header file 'malloc.h' not found
>> cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
>> basic mode
>> make[1]: *** [tour_pp.o] Error 1
>> make: *** [bin/ggobi.bin] Error 2
>>

>> On Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003, at 06:01 US/Eastern,
>> r-sig-mac-request at stat.math.ethz.ch wrote:
>>> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:27:01 -0800
>>> From: Jan de Leeuw <deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu>
>>> Subject: Re: [R-SIG-Mac]ggobi and Mac OS X
>>> To: "Dennis A. Wolf" <wolfda at ornl.gov>
>>> Cc: r-sig-mac at stat.math.ethz.ch
>>>
>>> In MacOS X you can build either dynamic libraries (foo.dylib), which
>>> are
>>> to be linked against, or bundles (foo.so) which are to be loaded at
>>> time (plugins, packages). Most ELF based systems dont distinguish the