[R-SIG-Mac]Re: ggobi and Mac OS X

Dennis A. Wolf wolfda at ornl.gov
Wed Mar 19 14:33:12 MET 2003

I looked around in the Makeconf file in R and found

SHLIB_LDFLAGS= -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress

I edited the Makeconf that was created when ggobi was configured and
replaced -shared with the above. The error I got was

  tour_pp.c:31: header file 'malloc.h' not found

Does this have anything to do with the revised flags? Any suggestions
on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Dennis A. Wolf, Ph.D.
Computer Sciences and Mathematics Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
POB 2008, Building 6011, MS 6418
Oak Ridge, TN  37831-6418

phone: (865) 574-6326
fax:   (865) 576-3513
email: wolfda at ornl.gov

The full details from configure and make are:
qedmac 1106> sudo ./configure --with-xml --with-R --enable-embed
checking for gtk-config... (cached) /sw/bin/gtk-config
Setting gtk flags
checking for uname... (cached) /usr/bin/uname
checking for install... (cached) /usr/bin/install
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
Checking flag for linking shared libraries
SHLIB linker flags: -shared
with_xml: yes
checking for xml2-config... (cached) /sw/bin/xml2-config
Have xml-config: /sw/bin/xml2-config
USE_XML := USE_XML=2
XML Version := 2
checking for R... (cached) /usr/local/bin/R
checking for uname... (cached) /usr/bin/uname
creating ./config.status
creating Makeconf
creating GNUmakefile
creating src/GNUmakefile
creating gtkext/src/GNUmakefile
creating bin/setLD.csh
creating bin/setLD.bsh
creating bin/ggobi
creating bin/ggobi-config
creating bugTemplate
creating share/ggobirc
creating local.config
creating share/tools/plugin
creating src/config.h
src/config.h is unchanged
Installation directory: /usr/local
qedmac 1107> sudo vi Makeconf
qedmac 1108> sudo make
make -C src ../bin/ggobi.bin
gcc -I../include -I../gtkext/include -I/sw/include/gtk-1.2
-I/sw/include/glib-1.2 -I/sw/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/sw/include/libxml2  -I/sw/include -DUSE_XML=2 -DSUPPORT_PLUGINS=1
-DSUPPORT_INIT_FILES=1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c tour_pp.c -o tour_pp.o
tour_pp.c:31: header file 'malloc.h' not found
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
basic mode
make[1]: *** [tour_pp.o] Error 1
make: *** [bin/ggobi.bin] Error 2