[R-SIG-Mac] X11 not working

Kieran Healy khealy at kieranhealy.org
Tue Jun 10 23:05:21 MEST 2003

Hi -

I'm running R 1.7.0 under Mac OS 10.2.6. I normally use Enrico
Franconi's Enhanced Carbon Emacs version (21.3.50) and ESS 5.1.24. With
Apple's X11 Beta 3 running, I can't get an x11 window to open when
running R under ESS or in a regular terminal window. If I launch R from
an xterm, then x11() works fine.

This was working until recently -- I thought I might have lost the
functionality when I installed Jan de Leeuw's R dmg file. But a
recompiled R running in a local directory shows the same problem.

Any idea what I might have done wrong here?

--
Kieran Healy, http://www.u.arizona.edu/~kjhealy.
Asst Professor, Sociology Dept, University of Arizona.