[R-SIG-Mac] Re: [Rd] g77-3.3 on darwin

Lisa Schweitzer lschwei at ucla.edu
Sun Jun 1 09:08:11 MEST 2003

On 6/1/03 7:53 AM, "Stefano Iacus" <jago at mclink.it> wrote:

> setenv LDFLAGS to -lcc_dynamic

Hmmmm. I THOUGHT that this would fix my g77  problem, but I still get

-------------
checking how to get verbose linking output from g77... -v
checking for Fortran 77 libraries...  -lcrt1.o -L/usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc
-L/usr/lib/gcc/darwin -L/usr/local/lib -lcc_dynamic -lncurses -lm -lg2c
-lSystem
checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... unknown
configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails

Did I misdiagnose what is going on, or have I just not approached it right?

Lisa

Lisa Schweitzer
PhD Student/Good-for-Nothing Slacker
UCLA