[R-SIG-Mac]Re: Rpy-0.3 with framework MacPython-2.3

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 11:45:22 -0800

I now managed to do graphics from PythonIDE in interactive mode.
Basically, you have to set the display explicitly. So

from rpy import *
r.x11(display='gifi.stat.ucla.edu:0.0')

IDLE still bombs, more precisely the python used by IDLE bombs.

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 08:43 AM, Walter Moreira wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 03:26:53PM -0800, Jan de Leeuw wrote:
>> If you want to try Rpy-0.3 on OS X there is a nice example of overkill
>> on
>>
>> http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub
>
> Good!  Although I cannot test it :-(  Thanks anyway.
> I have to say tha 0.3 is not very stable, I have received reports of
> memory leaks yet to be solved.  But I plan to release a bugfix version
> this month.
>
>> 5. You cannot do X11 graphics from Rpy from IDLE or PythonIDE, but you
>> can do png and ps and pdf and jpeg etc, by
>> using r.pdf(), for instance.
>
> I only tested RPy on IDLE in Linux and Windows and it worked ok. I
> thought it was going to work on "any" IDLE...  What's exactly the
> problem?  OTOH I've received comments about RPy crashing with
> PythonWIN.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
> Walter
>

> --
> --------------
> Walter Moreira   <>  Centro de Matematica  <>  Universidad de la
> Republica
> email: walterm@cmat.edu.uy  <>  Home Page:
> http://www.cmat.edu.uy/~walterm

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au