[R-SIG-Mac]Memory leaks associated with R on Mac OsX

Joseph Kunkel joe@bio.umass.edu
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:07:14 -0500

I am disturbed by the phenomenon that after a large amount of R work on
my Mac I become incommunicado via my Email client.  Email sometimes
does not connect to a functional and sometimes its window will not
appear when prompted.  Restarting the Mac fixes communication.  It is
only after I have done considerable R programming. I have a Ti80 with
512Mb memory running OsX 10.2.3 and having installed the Jan de Leeuw
Jan 22 packages.

It might be associated with R script failures (i.e. my errors during
script development) particularly, although I have not examined this
systematically.  Have any other Mac R users experienced this
phenomenon.  Are there memory leak issues associated with R or R script
failures?

Joe
Joseph G. Kunkel, Professor
Biology Department