[R-SIG-Mac] cleanest build I can think of

Byron Ellis bellis at hsph.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 12 02:17:51 MEST 2003

I've recently had the 'opportunity' (if you can call a dead hard drive
that) to rebuild my iBook from scratch and I thought I'd share my
'building R with minimum changes' :-)

Note: I use bash not tcsh, I don't remember if this syntax works

FPICFLAGS=-fno-common LDFLAGS=-lcc_dynamic ./configure --enable-R-shlib
--with-aqua --without-x --with-blas='-framework vecLib' --with-lapack
make CFLAGS+=-D__DEBUGGING__

This gets rid of the devQuartz.c building problems caused by
Debugging.h and gets configure to run. Everything else is according to
Stefano's website. Obviously you'd need to make modifications for
Tcl/Tk and recommended packages and such, but this gets me up and
running without having to modify files (which is good for those of us
syncing from R-sync :-))