[R-SIG-Mac]R-1.7.0 installer package

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Thu Apr 17 16:03:18 MEST 2003

http;//gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub

R-1.7.0.dmg.gz can be unpacked and double clicked anywhere. It is a
compressed
disk image with an installer package on it.
The installer puts R in /usr/local and puts the parts of fink that are
needed in /sw/lib (including
gnome, but not including X11 which you can get from Apple).

This version of R comes with more than 290 packages. It uses the vecLib
framework
provided by Apple for both BLAS and Lapack (which means you need Jaguar
or higher, but you don't need a G4).

I did not recompile all packages for 1.7.0 (or for 10.2.5 for that
matter), so some of them will
fail. This is also because some of them use dylibs in /sw/lib or
/usr/local/lib that are
not included. If anyone has problems because pieces cannot be found, I
will update
the installer package. Just drop me an e-line.