[R-SIG-Mac]StatPaper Tech Test 2 Posted

Byron Ellis bellis at hsph.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 9 02:04:09 MEST 2003

Ok, I went ahead an posted TT2 for StatPaper. I mostly delayed from
this afternoon to see if I could get plotmath working properly. While
the metrics are OK, the glyphs are all screwed up (so while it doesn't
generate an error, it doesn't look right either. On the other hand it
is MORE successful than pdf() when viewing with Reader under OS X :-)).

NB: If you run demo(graphics) it generally takes about 30-40 seconds on
my iBook (700MHz, 384MB RAM) so be patient. That said, it SOMETIMES
crashes the kernel so if it sits for too long you've got problems. Like
I said in TechTest 1, I'll be more surprised if it works than if it
doesn't ;-)

You can get it at (as previously mentioned)
http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~bcellis/StatPaper

If you want to compile the OpenMath package yourself you'll have to get
and install the OpenMath C library from http://www.openmath.org (the
INRIA implementation). 'make install' was broken under my copy of bash
so you may have more luck with tcsh. It also installs in /lib and
/include (?!) by default so make sure you check it. I built a version
of the OpenMath package and included it (the OpenMath libraries know
not this "dynamic linking" technology so you won't need them if you use
the binary package)

People not using Macs may also be interested in the OpenMath package.
It occurs to me that I should have posted a source package separately.
I'll do so in the morning (I need to be up in 4.5 hours to go row so
I'm going to sleep now)

Good luck and comments are always welcome

Byron Ellis (bellis at hsph.harvard.edu)
"Oook" - The Librarian