[R-SIG-Mac]R cannot run on Mac 10.2

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:38:23 -0700

Yes. Apple moved the termcap entries from libSystem.B.dylib
to libncurses.5.dylib, and you need to upgrade to libreadline4.3.dylib

I'll put that on ftp://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub and you put it in
/sw/lib

Tell me if that solves the problem.

On Thursday, September 5, 2002, at 07:37 AM, Jun Tan wrote:

> Hello, I have a question about how to run R on Mac10.2.
> Originally, I was using R 1.5.1 on Mac10.1. It worked fine. However,
> after
> I upgrade to 10.2, it crashed every time when I start it. Here is the
> error message:
> dyld: /usr/local/lib/R/bin/R.bin Undefined symbols:
> /sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tgoto expected
> to be
> defin
> ed in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> /sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tputs expected
> to be
> defin
> ed in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> /sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tgetent expected
> be def
> ined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> /sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tgetflag
> expected to
> be de
> fined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> /sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tgetnum expected
> be def
> ined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> /sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tgetstr expected
> be def
> ined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> I guess apple has change some definitions in its library. Maybe replace
> the libreadline to a newer version will solve this problem? Where can I
> get the newest version of libreadline? Does anyone have any ideal about
> how to solve this problem?
>
> Jun

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au