[R-SIG-Mac]Fwd: Returned mail: see transcript for details

Amit Gandhi akgandhi@mac.com
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 23:16:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -
I tried installing R 1.5.1 on a 10.2 system using the disk image option - I did a simple double clicked simple the R.pkg and followed the easy install - when I try invoking R from the command line I then get the following error:

dyld: /usr/local/lib/R/bin/R.bin Undefined symbols:
/sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tgoto expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tputs expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tgetent expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tgetflag expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tgetnum expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/sw/lib/libreadline.4.2.dylib undefined reference to _tgetstr expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Trace/BPT trap

Have I failed to install some of the dynamic libraries here?
Amit